CEREC in Fort Smith
We are proud to provide CEREC 3-D technology to our patients who need restorations (crowns). Our new CEREC technology can design, fabricate and place a ceramic restoration for our patients in just one visit.
How does CEREC work?
This simple process only takes four steps. First, we remove the decay or old filling. Then we prepare the teeth to be digitally photographed by a 3-D camera, which eliminates those messy, cumbersome, goopy traditional impressions. Next, we use computer-aided design (CAD) software to create a customized restoration specifically to match your teeth and meet your dental needs. Finally, we attach the finished restoration to the tooth and check for position, placement and bite function. You leave with your permanent restoration – there is no need for temporaries or follow-up appointments.
What are the advantages of CEREC?
- Your restoration is completed in ONE appointment – no wait times, no temporary crowns, no return visits, no hassles!
- The entire process is usually completed in less than an hour.
- There is less need for local anesthetic and fewer shots.
- All CEREC restorations are made from natural-looking, tooth-colored porcelain material that is metal-free, biocompatible and plaque-resistant.
- In many cases, we can save healthy tooth structure by using the restoration in place of a full tooth crown.
Contact us for more information on CEREC. Our restorative dentistry patients come to us from Greenwood, Sallisaw, Van Buren, Alma and Fort Smith, Arkansas. Call us at (479) 785-1419 or use our convenient Request an Appointment form.